- Boys Modified Wrestling, Head Coach - Winter II 2023-2024 (posted 8/24/2023)
- Girls Modified 7th Grade Basketball Coach - Winter II 2023-2024 (posted 10/6/2023) new
Please contact Mr. Mike Byrnes, Coordinator of Athletics.
Please E-mail cover letter and coaching resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-Exempt Positions below:
The following coaching positions were occupied during the past school year by non-teachers certified under a 1-year New York State Temporary Coaching License at Cazenovia C.S.D. This notice serves to verify whether or not there is “a certified teacher with coaching qualifications and experience [readily] available in accordance with Section 135 4(c)(7)(i)(c)(3) of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education” to fill one (or more) of the positions listed below.
If you are a NYS certified teacher, meet coaching qualifications, have experience, and you are interested in applying for one of these positions listed below, please contact Mr. Mike Byrnes, Coordinator of Athletics as soon as possible. Pursuant to the C.U.E. Contract, if no qualified teacher expresses interest in any of the coaching positions during the next 7 calendar days, the incumbent (non-teacher) coach may be considered for reappointment by the Board of Education once recommended by the Superintendent of Schools.
Paid Coaching Positions at CCSD Currently Affected by Commissioner’s Regulation – Section 135 4(c)(7)(i)(c)(3) due to current incumbent coach working under a NYS Temporary Coaching License with incumbent coach interested in reappointment:
- JV Boys Basketball, Winter 2023-24
- Boys Modified Soccer, Fall 2023
All other C.C.S.D. paid coaching positions are either occupied by a N.Y.S. certified teacher or a non-teaching person qualified with a N.Y.S. Professional Coaching Certificate.
Requirements: Eligible to gain N.Y.S.E.D. Coaching Certification, Playing Experience and Previous Coaching Experience Preferred
To apply for any coaching position, please send Mr. Mike Byrnes, Coordinator of Athletics, a cover letter of interest and resume to 31 Emory Avenue, Cazenovia, NY 13035 or via e-mail to email@example.com .
Certified Unpaid Coaches are encouraged at all levels and sports. Please contact Mr. Mike Byrnes if you are interested in helping as a certified unpaid coach.
* EFFECTIVE STARTING WITH THE 2011-2012 SCHOOL YEAR: COACHING POSITIONS THAT HAD BEEN OCCUPIED THE PREVIOUS SCHOOL YEAR BY NON-TEACHING PERSONS WITH ONLY A N.Y.S. TEMPORARY COACHING LICENSE WILL BE LISTED ABOVE ANNUALLY. THIS WILL HELP CONFIRM THAT A QUALIFIED AND INTERESTED N.Y.S. CERTIFIED SCHOOL TEACHER WAS NOT ABLE TO FILL THE POSITION. OTHERWISE, THE INCUMBENT COACH WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR REAPPOINTMENT.