Strategic Plan into 2023
WELCOME TO OUR STRATEGIC PLANNING PAGE
With help from PLC Associates, Cazenovia CSD has developed a new strategic plan. This strategic plan will focus on the areas of curriculum and instruction, financial management, facilities, and community relations. A core group of stakeholders participated in the process — students, parents, teachers, staff, administrators, community members — and individual task forces are assigned to specific topics that are data-driven and which focus on specific areas. The core team is highly involved throughout the entire process. Task force members provide expertise in specific areas of continuous improvement. The process began in February, 2017 and committees continued their work until a final plan is presented to the Board of Education in October 2018.
If you have any questions about our Strategic Planning Process please contact:
Mr. Kevin Linck
Assistant Superintendent for Instruction, Equity and Personnel
31 Emory Ave
Cazenovia, NY 13035
We nurture every student’s maximum personal, intellectual, and civic potential in a safe and stimulating environment for all that fosters creativity, innovation, and readiness for a dynamic world.
THREE STRATEGIC INTENTS
The Core team reviewed collected data from students, teachers, parents, and community members. After identifying common trends from the various surveys, three strategic intents were sent to Task Force members who were charged with developing action plans for each. The strategic intents are:
ENGAGING AND CHALLENGING ALL STUDENTS
- Instruction tailored to students’ strengths, needs and interests.
- Increased access to enrichment, dual credit, internships, and advanced coursework.
- Students demonstrating ownership of their learning.
- Students collaborating, thinking critically, communicating.
- Students engaging in cross disciplinary learning experiences.
INDIVIDUAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL WELLNESS
- Address student behavioral issues, specifically disruptive behavior and bullying.
- Support and implement proactive measures for student social and emotional development.
- Positive school culture where all students and staff feel valued, and gains are celebrated.
- Productive and mutually beneficial partnerships with community groups that facilitate enrichment opportunities.
- An increase in resources, supports, and programs available to build parents capacity to support student success.
- Communication methods between families and school staff are understood and accessible to all.
ARTICLES IN THE PRESS
Cazenovia Republican – Feb. 15, 2017: School district begins strategic plan update process
Cazenovia Republican – April 12, 2017: http://www.eaglenewsonline.com/news/2017/04/12/guest-column-school-district-strategic-planning-process-underway-seeking-community-participation
Cazenovia CSD Website – August 21, 2017: https://www.cazenoviacsd.com/districtpage.cfm?pageid=3537